Thursday, July 21, 2016

Minecraft Snow Golem and Ghast

I've been waiting to share this until after this was gifted to my metamour. Oh did she love them. She hugged on them which was exactly what my goal was. So I followed a pattern from Weebleflip which I followed very closely. The Snow Golem I used different yarn than suggested. The orange for pumpkin head I used some bamboo yarn and the snow I used a fluffy acrylic yarn. Then finally the coals I used a rough cheap acrylic yarn (the Hobby Lobby version of Bernats).

So on to the Snow Golem:


So if you clicked ahead on the pattern for Weebleflip, you could tell that mine is a little different and yeah it is, I deviated from the pattern a bit. So here was my deviation:

Eyes, Black: (And Buttons)      Total of 8 for eyes and buttons
Ch 2
Row 1: Turn, ch 2, sc 2
Row 2: Turn, ch 2, sc 2

Mouth in black:
Ch 7
Row 1: Turn, ch 2, sc 7.
The mouth is uneven and this will give you a straight rectangle. When stitching it on, make the stitches uneven and come out a little more to give it the weird pumpkin face look.


So here is the template I came up with off of  an Internet image the bit outside of the green grid was parts that I cut off from the original Internet image. and with the yarn I used I was able to break down my snow golem's face into a 9x9 squares and it worked out great.


The second project that she received was a Minecraft Ghast:

I used this pattern from Pleasant Plushies and of course I tweaked this one too. If you took a peek at the pattern you could see that they made separate squares but I had just finished with the Snow Golem and was really happy with how the squares turned out so I used that method again following the square count and obviously I crocheted the face bits as well. Kind of a build off of the former project.

So this was one of the crochet projects I had to wait on to share because birthday gifts. I hope you enjoy and also understand how I tweaked the patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment